Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Photo of the Day: Subway Flute Quartet, NYC


I had two quite different experiences with musicians underground this past Saturday afternoon.

Early in the afternoon, at the Columbus Circle subway station, a drummer played so loudly that it felt like noise pollution to me. Though I was trying to transfer to another train, the assault on my ears was so insistent and protracted that I fled the station.

But later in the afternoon, at a different station, not far away, I was lucky to hear the ladies from Flute Swept. You can see them, in this photo I took at the time, but I wish you could have heard them. I hate to use the words “smooth” or “sweet,” but their music sure went a long time from removing much of the bile from my spirit that had been building up all week.

No comments: