Saturday, November 24, 2018

Photo of the Day: The Lights of Columbus Avenue, NYC


After watching a New York Philharmonic concert late this afternoon, I strolled around in the area for a short while. Struck by the pattern of the lights, I took this picture of Columbus Avenue, at its intersection with West 66th Street.

You can see the ABC News headquarters in the background. With the news earlier this summer that the network will be relocating downtown to 4 Hudson Square, New York will have to find another tenant for this site. 

My one memory of this place is fond: being in the audience, with my college friend Steve, for two episodes of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, hosted by Meredith Vieira. I’m sure many other people have even more wonderful memories of this iconic Upper West Side site.

No comments: