Saturday, August 27, 2022

Photo of the Day: Pascack Brook County Park, Bergen County, NJ

Nearly two weeks ago, I drove about 25 minutes from my home in Bergen County, NJ, to Pascack Brook County Park on the border of Westwood and River Vale.

It struck me full force, almost as soon as I parked my car, just how much the “moderate drought” in this area is affecting this 79-acre space. Like other walkers that day, what I saw stretching out in all directions was an expanse of brown rather than green grass. It hasn't improved since.

After a while, I came to a halt and concentrated on the parts of the park that have drawn me up here every once in a while the last few years: not just the reflections in the water that you can see in this picture I took, but also the patient fishermen and water creatures who have made a way of life by this tributary of the Hackensack River.

No comments: