Monday, January 14, 2019

Photo of the Day: Revson Fountain, Lincoln Center, NYC


I’ve always had such a thing for fountains that it’s a wonder that I’ve never simply jumped into one. In the case of the Revlon Fountain, in the Josie Robertson Plaza in New York’s Lincoln Center, it meant a lot to two other people as well: Max Bialystock and Leo Bloom, the titular characters of Mel Brooks’ uproarious 1968 Oscar-winning farce, The Producers.'

Those two guys were much crazier than I: I mean, what else can you say about two fellows who concoct a surefire bomb, a musical called Springtime for Hitler? Their scheme is so insane that even the fountain leaps up in wonder when the two men seal their deal and doom. 

I, on the other hand, was merely content to behold these upshoots of water, smile, and aim my camera at the scene in the image accompanying this post, taken this past November.

(This was not the original fountain where Max and Leo gathered, but instead the redesigned one that opened to the public in 2009. Still, you get the picture…)

No comments: