Friday, February 16, 2024

TV Quote of the Day (‘Curb Your Enthusiasm,’ As Larry Seeks to Recover His Bowling Shoes)

Larry David [played by Larry David]: “Nice shoes.”

Shoe Thief [played by Joe Liss]: “Thanks.”

Larry: “I think they're mine.”

Shoe Thief: “You're kidding.”

Larry: “Kidding? No, they're my shoes.”

Shoe Thief: “They're your shoes?”

Larry: “Yeah.”

Shoe Thief: “How could they be your shoes?”

Larry: “How could they be? Because that guy gave them to you by mistake the other day.”

Shoe Thief: “Well, that's weird.”

Larry: “What? What's weird?”

Shoe Thief: “That he would give me those shoes.”

Larry: “No, that's not weird. What's weird is that you would put them on. That's what's weird.”

Shoe Thief: “Aw, you mean it's not weird that he would give me these shoes?”

Larry: “No, that's a mistake.”

Shoe Thief: “They're not my shoes and he gave them to me.”

Larry: “Yeah, that's a mistake. That's an honest mistake. What's weird is that you would take shoes that don't belong to you and put them on. That's weird.”

Shoe Thief: “Or even weirder that you left without even your shoes.”

Larry: “That's not that weird, I had nothing else to wear.”

Shoe Thief: “Well, that would be kinda weird.”

Larry: “No, that's gonna be weird for you now after I get the shoes back. That'll be weird.”—Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 1, Episode 2, “Ted and Mary,” original air date Oct. 22, 2000, teleplay by Larry David, directed by David Steinberg

No comments: