Saturday, November 16, 2013

Quote of the Day (Apple’s ‘Woz,’ on Being ‘One of the Fun-Loving People’)



“I just wanted to be one of the fun-loving people. [Partner] Steve [Jobs] instantly wanted to be a big, successful businessman and all that. I didn’t want the press to ever talk to me. I didn’t want people to ever ask for an autograph. I couldn’t understand why they did. I don’t even want any notoriety for bringing the world personal computers and all that. I just wanted to be known as a great engineer that connected chips with wires better than anybody else.”--Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, quoted in Jada Yuan, “177 Minutes With Steve Wozniak: An iChat With the Man Who Made Apple Apple,” New York Magazine, August 19-26, 2013

(June 2005 photo of Steve Wozniak, from his homepage, was taken by Al Luckow.)

No comments: