Friday, January 27, 2017

TV Quote of the Day (‘Frasier,’ on a Karaoke Reunion With Woody)



[Frasier enters, or rather, stumbles in.]

Martin (played by John Mahoney): “Hey, Fras.”

Frasier (played by Kelsey Grammer): “Turn off the music.”

Martin: “Oh.  Well, we were just...”

Frasier: “Dad…I never want to hear music again.”

[Martin turns the TV off.]

Niles (played by David Hyde Pierce): “Oh, I take it you had a whizz-bang time at the karaoke bar?”

Frasier: “For starters, Woody sang ‘What Kind Of Fool Am I?’  Quickly turned into an audience participation number.  Then Gil and Noel did a charming duet with ‘Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better.’ They were both wrong.  I guess the highlight of the evening was when Gil, after one too many Que Royales, performed a haunting rendition of ‘I Feel Pretty,’ during the latter verses of which Noel joined him on the apron of the stage and translated... into Klingon.” [He buries his head in his hands.]— Frasier, Season 6, Episode 13, “The Show Where Woody Shows Up,” air date Feb. 4, 1999, teleplay by Rob Greenberg, directed by Pamela Fryman

No comments: