Monday, October 14, 2013

TV Quote of the Day (‘The Big Bang Theory,’ on the Merits of Comic-Con)



Leonard Hofstadter (played by Johnny Galecki): “Hey, will you steam my uniform next?”

Sheldon Cooper (played by Jim Parsons): “Yeah, uh, interesting. Do you recall this conversation? ‘Leonard, want to go halvesies on a steamer?’ ’’No, Sheldon we don't need a steamer.’ Looks like that rumpled chicken's come home to roost.”

Penny (played by Kaley Cuoco):  “Hi, here are the makeup sponges you asked for.”

Leonard: “Oh, thanks; I thought I had more.”

Penny: “Damn, you've got more makeup than I do. You got better makeup than I do. Yeah, I'm borrowing this.”

Leonard: “Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, this is my Comic-Con makeup. I love you, but there are some things a man doesn't share with his girlfriend.”

Sheldon: “That's a wise policy. I once borrowed my sister's makeup for a costume contest, got a terrible case of pinkeye. Yeah, but luckily I was going as a zombie; I won second place.”

Penny: “I feel like you guys just went to Comic-Con.”

Leonard: “That was San Diego Comic-Con; this is Bakersfield Comic-Con.”

Penny: “Is that better?”

Leonard: “Mm, it's a lot smaller. It's more about the comic books, the way these conventions used to be before they went all Hollywood.”

Sheldon: “So to answer your question, no, it's not better.”

Penny: “Well then, why are you going?”

Sheldon: “It's a comic book convention. Like pizza or particle accelerators, even the stinky ones’s still pretty good.”—The Big Bang Theory, Season 6, Episode 13, “The Bakersfield Expedition,” original air date January 10, 2013, teleplay by Steven Molaro, Eric Kaplan, and Maria Ferrari, based on a story by Chuck Lorre, Jim Reynolds and Steve Holland, directed by Mark Cendrowski

The Comic-Com convention just held in New York City might be history now, but you can still celebrate the Supergeek fans that make the superhero superconference an annual inevitability by watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory.

No comments: