Sunday, May 8, 2022

Spiritual Quote of the Day (Charles Peguy, On God the Father Viewing the World)

“Just as the wake of a beautiful ship grows wider and wider until it
    disappears and loses itself,
But begins with a point, which is the point of the ship itself....
So the huge wake of sinners grows wider and wider until it disappears
    and loses itself....
It begins with a point, which is the point of the ship itself.
And the ship is my own son, laden with all the sins of the world.
And the point of the ship is the two joined hands of my son.
And before the look of my anger and the look of my justice
They have all hidden behind him.
And all of that huge cortege of prayers, all of that huge wake grows
    wider and wider until it disappears and loses itself.
But it begins with a point and it is that point which is turned towards
    me.
Which advances towards me.
And that point is those three or four words: Our Father who art in
    Heaven; verily my son knew what he was doing.”— French poet, essayist, and editor Charles Peguy (1873-1914), “I Am Their Father, Says God,” in Mysteries, translated by Julian Green

No comments: