Friday, June 7, 2019

TV Quote of the Day (‘Seinfeld,’ As George Gets the Marriage Jitters)


George Costanza [played by Jason Alexander]: “My god, I'm getting married in December, do you know that?”

Jerry [played by Jerry Seinfeld]: “Yeah, I know.”

George: “Well, I don't see how I'm gonna make December. I mean, I need a little more time. I mean, look at me: I'm a nervous wreck! My stomach aches. My neck is killing me. I can't turn. Look. Look!”

Jerry: “You're turning.”

George: “Nah, it's not a good turn. December. December. Don't you think we should have a little more time just to get to know each other a little?”

Jerry: “If you need more time, you should have more time.”

George: “What, you think I could postpone it?”

Jerry: “Sure you can. Why not?”

George: “That's allowed? You're allowed to postpone it?”

Jerry: “I don't see why not.”

George: “So, I could do that?”

Jerry: “Sure, go ahead.”

George: “All right! All right. I'll tell you what. How about this? Got the date; March 21st, the first day of spring!”

Jerry: “Spring. Of course.”

George: “Huh? You know? Spring. Rejuvenation. Rebirth. Everything's blooming! All that crap!”

Jerry: “Beautiful.”

George [suddenly]: “She's not gonna like it.”

Jerry: “No, she's not.”

George: “You know, I think I'm a little bit scared of her. She's five-three, like a hundred pounds. I'm frightened to death of her!”

Jerry: “Well, she's a woman. They don't like to be disappointed.”— Seinfeld, Season 7, Episode 1, “The Postponement,” original air date Sept. 21, 1995, teleplay by Larry David, directed by Andy Ackerman

No comments: