Friday, November 1, 2019

Quote of the Day (Helena Bonham Carter, on Her Unusual Consultation for ‘The Crown’)


“She [the late Princess Margaret, through a psychic] said, apparently, she was glad it was me. My main thing when you play someone who is real, you kind of want their blessing because you have a responsibility.

“So I asked her: ‘Are you OK with me playing you?’ and she said: ‘You’re better than the other actress’ … that they were thinking of. They will not admit who it was. It was me and somebody else.”—Actress Helena Bonham Carter, relating to the Cheltenham literature festival how she sought the best possible authority for playing the late royal in The Crown, quoted in Mark Brown, “Helena Bonham Carter Sought Princess Margaret's Blessing Through Psychic,” The Guardian (UK), Oct. 6, 2019

I guess Ms. Carter really got to believe in magic after her appearance in the “Harry Potter” films…

(Photo of Helena Bonham Carter taken at the press conference for "Toast" at the Berlin Film Festival, June 27, 2011.)

No comments: