Saturday, December 8, 2018

Quote of the Day (Pope John Paul II, on Mary, ‘Mother of Divine Grace’)


“Jesus gives his Mother to you so that she will comfort you with her tenderness. She will discharge her ministry as a mother and train you and mold you until Christ is fully formed in you. This is why I now wish to repeat the motto of my episcopal and pontifical service: ‘Totus tuus.’ (completely yours) Throughout my life I have experienced the loving and forceful presence of the Mother of Our Lord. Mary accompanies me every day in the fulfillment of my mission as successor of Peter. Mary is the Mother of divine grace, because she is the Mother of the Author of grace. Entrust yourselves to her with complete confidence!” —Pope John Paul II (1920-2005), "Message of the Holy Father John Paul II for the 18th World Youth Day," Apr. 13, 2003

 (Many of my readers will be familiar with this as the Statue of the Virgin Mary standing in front of my alma mater, St. Cecilia High School of Englewood NJ.)

No comments: