Monday, December 31, 2007

Random Thoughts for a New Year

“The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose, new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a man starts on the strange assumption that he has never existed before, it is quite certain that he will never exist afterward.” – G.K. Chesterton

“Optimism is a revolutionary act.” – Cameron Crowe, screenplay for Say Anything

"For me prayer is an outburst of the heart, it is a simple look thrown towards heaven, a cry of recognition and love both in times of trial and in times of joy.” – St. Therese of Lisieux

“Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” – Mark Twain

“Do I contradict myself?
Very well then, I contradict myself
(I am large, I contain multitudes)." – Walt Whitman, Song of Myself

If I contain multitudes now, what did I contain a year ago, before I lost 50 pounds?

No comments: